My First Motorcycle pt.2

Now it was finally time to choose my bike.

There where many options available and new bikes where being introduced in Nepal. The only thing I knew? It had to be a sports bike and I that it wouldn't be a common one. But, I had an open mind mind. Some of the few options were the recently introduced KTM Duke 200, Pulsar NS, Yamaha R15, CBR 250R, etc. The popular choice among my friends was the Duke 200, but it had become fairly common and at that point I had made up my mind that it would be a sport bike. 

That narrowed it down to the R15 and the CBR. The R15 was a tested and proved machine, not to mention under the budget but it way under powered at 150 cc. Moreover it was a very common bike. That meant CBR was my ideal motorcycle but it was on the pricier end of motorcycles.

Now, I had to convince my parents to get me a 250cc bike that could reach speeds of up to 160 kmph, not to mention the steep price point. Again patience and hard work was required. 

Fast forward, finally the day arrived when I would finally be able to ride my own bike. I got a call telling me that I could come to pick up my bike at their storage area. There, I got a glimpse of my bike for the first time. It was the single most happiest day of my life. Riding my bike for the first time, I felt invincible. I have no idea why. The CBR turned out to be an integral part of my life for the years to come but the first day was the best one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motorcycle racing

Choosing your first motorcycle pt.2

My First Motorcycle